FROM OUR FRIENDS AT THE AMERICAN BANKERS ASSOCIATION
Below are some points repurposed from our [ABA’s] COVID branch closing recommendations for consideration:
Communicate branch operating status to customers using all means available: text, email, website, social media.
- Post a notice on the lobby door about any changes in hours, appointments available, use of the drive-thru, etc.
- Remind customers that banks are never truly closed, thanks to online and digital platforms that provide customers with 24/7 access to their accounts.
- Identify all points of access available: telebanking, online and mobile banking, and ITM or ATM access.
These may not be applicable to this specific incident, but may be general considerations for updates to crisis comm playbooks:
- Issue joint press releases with other banks in your community to help allay community member concerns about the availability of banking services
- Ensure marketing officers have signage/emails prepared in the event of a closure.
- Have it pre-approved by your legal and communications teams and readily available to the branch manager. Be proactive not reactive.
|Bank||Closures for 10/27/2023|
|Androscoggin Bank||Closed: Lewiston, Auburn, Brunswick, Lisbon Falls, and Turner; drive-thru only for South Paris, Jay, Gray, and Portland|
|Auburn Savings Bank||All locations closed for the day (10/26)|
|Bangor Savings Bank||All Maine locations closed for the day|
|Bank of America||Closed: Falmouth, Windham, and Brunswick; doors remain locked at other locations (10/26)|
|Bar Harbor Bank & Trust||Closed: Brunswick; drive-thru only at all other locations (10/26)|
|Bath Savings Institution||All locations closed for the day (10/26)|
|Camden National Bank||Closed: Lewiston, Auburn, Brunswick, Topsham, Bath, and Richmond; drive-thru only at all other locations (with the exception of locations without a drive-thru, which are open) (10/26)|
|First National Bank||Closed: Wiscasset; drive-thru only at all other locations|
|Franklin Savings Bank||All locations are opening at 10:00am and will be drive-thru only|
|Gorham Savings Bank||All locations are drive-thru only|
|JPMorgan Chase Bank||Locations will be open with armed guards|
|Katahdin Trust Company||Scarborough location drive-thru and appointment only (10/26)|
|Kennebec Savings Bank||Closed: Freeport, Portland, Farmingdale, and Winthrop|
|Kennebunk Savings||All locations are drive-thru and appointment only|
|Machias Savings Bank||Lobbies will be open to known customers only (10/26)|
|Maine Community Bank||Closed: Lewiston, Auburn, and Brunswick locations; drive-thru only at all other locations|
|Northeast Bank||Closed: Auburn, Augusta, Poland, and Brunswick locations; drive-thru only at all other locations (10/26)|
|Norway Savings Bank||Closed: Auburn, Brunswick, and Topsham locations; drive-thru only at all other locations (10/26)|
|Rockland Savings Bank||Closed: Waldoboro; Rockland location is drive-thru only (10/26)|
|Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution||All locations are drive-thru and appointment only; closing before dark (10/26)|
|Skowhegan Savings Bank||All locations are drive-thru only|
|TD Bank||All locations closed for the day (10/26)|